Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well you aren't very far away from me as the Fly Crows, so maybe there is more top come - but we haven't even had the strong winds that were forecast, either.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
2cvbloke said:
Well, up here in the County of Durham, it's most definitely white and snowy, and powercutty too cos the power just cut out for a second just now... :eek:

I'll no doubt get an update from my Mum later on (I think she's less than 10 miles from you). Here it's been sunny but with a stiff NW breeze, didn't stop me mowing the lawn though.....

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Think we need a winter thread here again - its been snowing virtually all day, althoughat this level its not been sticking - it has stuck on the higher hills round us though

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Tivù said:
Well you aren't very far away from me as the Fly Crows, so maybe there is more top come - but we haven't even had the strong winds that were forecast, either.

Spoke too soon - blowing a hooligan right now.

SWMBO and I have spent the afternoon freeing up space on the HDR.

Edit: And the snow is here. Very wet and sparse, though. Don't think any will lie at all.

("Hardy, do we still have a JCB out the back?")

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Well earlier, before 2pm, it was just wet and windy, not ideal conditions for snow sticking, but, I took these pictures a couple of hours ago and they say otherwise (and the lying snow now is thicker!!)... :eek:

Attachments

• 20120403_163547.jpg
    20120403_163547.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20120403_163553.jpg
    20120403_163553.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 26

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Wednesday Morning @ 09.10

A Gritter (First one we've seen since Feb 2011) has just gone through the village.

Locking the stable door after t'pony has boogered off?

gsteigwiler

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020HD / DM800HD
Dream Elite 4.0
CCcam/Scam/gbox
Motorised 1Metre dish
Sony 40 inch Full HD TV
Vista Network
My Location
East Anglia
What a diverse counrty we live in !
Snow and Gritters ? ?
Yesterday , Tuesday we spent most of the day cutting the grass and doing other jobs in the garden, sunny and 15C, we then had a couple of showers in the evening with the temerature down to 8C,
This morning the paths and drive were wet, but we have had sunshine/cloud and a high of 14.7C this afternoon,
and up to now no sign of snow
Regards

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Snow, hail, strong winds, & sun today. If it goes foggy Ive hit the jackpot! :D

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
We had heavy winds yesterday from about 2pm here in Middlesbrough and it was trying to snow last night but didnt quite make it so sleeted abit instead lol

Been sunny with some clear skies this afternoon but still freezing cold though and now it looks like it`s going to bucket down

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Well, aside from some small piles of windscreen scrapings and roof-avalanches, the snow's all but gone here, it melted pretty much as fast as it fell and settled, so, yeah, our 24 hour winter has gone, for now... O-Ha

Still some areas without power though, the uncles' place over in Dipton got power back thanks to the work of the electric people this afternoon, and we never lost our power, so, yeah, they're working on it for the remainder who are still in the dark... O-Ha

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
2cvbloke said:
Well, aside from some small piles of windscreen scrapings and roof-avalanches, the snow's all but gone here, it melted pretty much as fast as it fell and settled, so, yeah, our 24 hour winter has gone, for now... O-Ha

Still some areas without power though, the uncles' place over in Dipton got power back thanks to the work of the electric people this afternoon, and we never lost our power, so, yeah, they're working on it for the remainder who are still in the dark... O-Ha

We`ve not lost power yet thankfully

Locally TFM radio lost it`s FM TX today and it`s DAB MUX went down too, don`t know if it was the Billsdale site or up on Eston nab but looking up on the hills today when I was on the bus I could see loads of snow

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Drove home from Cleveleys to Blackburn at 6.45pm this evening and followed a gritter on the A59 spreading his wares in the bright evening sunshine, are they bonkers or perhaps they no longer have anywhere to store the sand and salt

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
smoggy07 said:
We`ve not lost power yet thankfully

Locally TFM radio lost it`s FM TX today and it`s DAB MUX went down too, don`t know if it was the Billsdale site or up on Eston nab but looking up on the hills today when I was on the bus I could see loads of snow

I don't think anyone will lose power tonight as the snowy weather's pretty much dissipated, and any snow that is falling is light and not really doing much... :)

I'd heard that Bilsdale had gone down, but being next door to Pontop Pike, and not listening to TFM since 2001 (when I moved to lancashire), I wouldn't have noticed, Freeview's been fine up here, so all's well in that department... O-Ha

The minidish out the front was threatened (and still is somewhat) by roofalanches, plus the guttering is loose and ready to drop, and if it does, it'll take out the TV aerial AND the dish in one swoop, although I do have some contingency plans if that happens, I won't be too pleased as the landlord has been saying "someone'll be there in two weeks" several times, and nothing's happened, and if I have to put my plans in place because of their failures, I'll be putting a not very happy word in over at the rental agency... :rolleyes:

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Today was the first amount of decent rain for months.

The tadpoles should be a lot happier tomorrow.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well ever since out new Garden Bench Cushion arrived a few days ago it has rained consistently, persistently and insistently.

And continues in the same vein today

And is forecast so to do for some time yet.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Another lovely, glorious, warm sunny day up here in the great north.... :confused

Attachments

• 2012-04-14 07.01.22.jpg
    2012-04-14 07.01.22.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 30

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The US Mid-West is due to get a small amount of wind and hail over the weekend.

Something like last weeks inclement weather.

[video=youtube;WABqwKjQM_c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WABqwKjQM_c&feature=relmfu[/video]

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Went outside to get some coal a few minutes ago and it was snowing :(

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
you are up in the highlands though.

get playing with the vu+ duo or you still annoyed with it ?

weather is all over the place hailstone other day, in a few weeks it be roasting.

save the coal burn them nearby trees on the fire.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Highlands? Im 40 miles south of Edinburgh.

The software on the Duo still makes it a useless pile of crap for tinkering with. :D

One of these days its going to have a nasty accident involving a pickaxe.....

Status
Not open for further replies.