Not open for further replies.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
From our hotel room in the middle of Paris.

Screenshot_20170330-232158.png

A

Archive-8

I have just placed an order for fibre :D it's still with plusnet as I am contracted.

Seems a couple of days ago the "exchange only lines" got transferred to a new green cabinet, its cabinet 43 that serves my address.

If it goes through I should have the 80/20 package.

A

Archive-8

Just had an online chat with one of the plusnet customer support team.

When I placed the order for fibre via the online portal, it all went through ok, but I never had an email confirming this.

Customer support have no given me my "go live" date of the 20/04 my billing date is the 17th.

Now I have to just wait....................................

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
How do you get the image to post nowadays Chris? On the new interface that I now get there doesn't seem to be an option for an image.

upload_2017-4-15_21-40-52.png

A

Archive-8

I am using an iPhone app.

IMG_0831.PNG
First screen.

Then click the results button

IMG_0832.PNG

A

Archive-8

Tap the result you want the img from

IMG_0834.PNG

Next to the date and time at the top right hand side is a square with an arrow, tap that and it will give you an option to save.

IMG_0835.PNG

Hopes this helps you :-)

A

Archive-8

on desktop run the test, once it completes,

Screenshot 2017-04-15 22.08.15.png

click the share result

Screenshot 2017-04-15 22.10.43.png

then copy the web link

this is what my web link looks like

Screenshot 2017-04-15 22.12.14.png

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nothing even remotely like that on the screen I'm looking at. Welcome to the new Flash free world.

A

Archive-8

How do you get the image to post nowadays Chris? On the new interface that I now get there doesn't seem to be an option for an image.

View attachment 105975

You have your IP address visible in your screen shoot, if you have a dynamic IP address I would recommend you reconnect to move off the visible address.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
The address is dynamic and will go when I switch the modem off later this morning.

I've tried the chain icon and that just gives a link to the page in the screenshot that I posted.

Ah, there are other options on that which I hadn't noticed before. Silly me.
6220868320.png

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ah, that reminds me of the bad old copper wire days.

A

Archive-8

Just had fibre activated

IMG_0926.PNG

I am supposed to be on an 80/20 package, so hopefully the line will get faster.

My hand back threshold is 64mb/s download.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ah, that reminds me of the bad old copper wire days.
Oh yes, that's the best that I can muster after the resumption in service when my line was physically removed when a new pole was put up.

Prior to this my modem would connect in ADSL2 mode and I could get about 3.5 - 4 Mbps download speed. Not blisteringly fast but just about enough. I phoned up SFR (whom I now hate with the same intensity that I thought only BT could muster) and they said that they could do something but it would be 2 -3 weeks before it would happen. I have no idea what this could be. I theorised that they were maybe going to put VDSL DSLAM into service but that would mean that I would then need a different modem so it's not that.

Then just as I was about to leave France I got an email from SFR thanking me for joining SFR and my new contract details were such-and-such. SFR have absolutely no email addresses to which you can send a response and you either have to phone their special number (now not possible I'm in the UK or course), place a comment on their forum (which I can't work out how), send a message by Twitter or Facebook (graugh) or write to them. Outrageous!

I was going to seriously look into moving away from them over the summer holidays as it takes about 3 - 4 weeks to complete the process but I can now them saying that I've signed up for another 12 months. The French system is so biased against the consumer it's ridiculous. I really think it's time to bring the guillotines out of retirement.

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
From the French countryside north of Nice\Cannes, using the mobile phone for pc 'tethering', nothing fast but stable, am very happy it works at all! Fibre is supposedly planned for next year so there is hope.

Attachments

• speed.png
    speed.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 6
A

Archive-8

Oh yes, that's the best that I can muster after the resumption in service when my line was physically removed when a new pole was put up.

Prior to this my modem would connect in ADSL2 mode and I could get about 3.5 - 4 Mbps download speed. Not blisteringly fast but just about enough. I phoned up SFR (whom I now hate with the same intensity that I thought only BT could muster) and they said that they could do something but it would be 2 -3 weeks before it would happen. I have no idea what this could be. I theorised that they were maybe going to put VDSL DSLAM into service but that would mean that I would then need a different modem so it's not that.

Then just as I was about to leave France I got an email from SFR thanking me for joining SFR and my new contract details were such-and-such. SFR have absolutely no email addresses to which you can send a response and you either have to phone their special number (now not possible I'm in the UK or course), place a comment on their forum (which I can't work out how), send a message by Twitter or Facebook (graugh) or write to them. Outrageous!

I was going to seriously look into moving away from them over the summer holidays as it takes about 3 - 4 weeks to complete the process but I can now them saying that I've signed up for another 12 months. The French system is so biased against the consumer it's ridiculous. I really think it's time to bring the guillotines out of retirement.

Do have an option to use qos in your router?

As my Sherborne and Yeovil adsl needed it, before qos internet radio would splutter my ip cams would drop.

And with it every thing played nicely with each other. I could you plex, a little bit of buffering, net radio plays fine (with out spluttering)

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.