Join our F1 Fantasy League 2007!

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Looks like Alonso cheated his own team mate to get on pole. If that's proved Ron Dennis should take some action.:-Nooo

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Official Qualifying Result

After the ongoing war between McLaren and Ferrari off-track, F1 needed a reminder that the action on-track was the most important. And my word do we have a war for Sunday.

Fernando Alonso will be at the front of the grid for the race, but the means by which he achieved pole position is the cause of much controversy.

Going into the pits for a final time before setting a time in the final session, Alonso was held by the lollipop man until room on the circuit could be found (as is the custom), but when the lollipop man signalled the Spaniard to go, the champion remained stationary for 10 seconds - with team mate Lewis Hamilton queued behind him!

The exact reason for the hold up is unknown, but the result of it was clear to all - Hamilton was unable to set a final flying lap time. Did Alonso knowningly sabotage his own team mate's qualifying attempt? What is known is Ron Dennis' reaction - extremely unhappy, immediately talking to Alonso's trainer.

Hamilton, despite being unable to set his probably fastest lap, is still 2nd for the race.

Ferrari's Saturday was more a tale of disappointment, with their arch-nemesis - reliablilty, lack thereof - striking again as Felipe Massa's afternoon was spoiled by electronic problem, his 14th on the grid. Raikkonen had more luck, but was nowhere near the pace of the McLarens, 4th for the Finn, BMW driver Heidfeld is just in front of him.

Sharing row 3 is Rosberg and Ralf Schumacher, Kubica and Fisichella are behind them, and Trulli and Webber round out the top 10 of the grid. Red Bull can feel unlucky that they didn't have both their drivers in the final top 10 shootout - David Coulthard was pipped to it in Q2 by Kubica by under 200th of a second.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
The body language of Ron Dennis and the two drivers said it all for me. Dennis ripping off his cans and throwing them down and virtually dragging Alonso's trainer of the fence. Alonso at the press conference sweating and shifting his feet around whilst lying that it was down to the team. Oh yeah of course it was ..... is that why Dennis looked so angry because the team had just carried out his orders. And Hamilton, clearly very angry, saying you'd better ask the team.

Alonso looks like he'll follow in Schumakers shoes but at least the German only cheated on other teams.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Certainly looks like there is more than a little conflict within the team. :)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Here is the Alonso-Hamilton incident again has it happened (ITV, United Kingdom):

[tube]3Xb4myrHs6M[/tube]

Now here is the incident from an aerial view. Notice how Alonso's trainer appears to signal to Alonso when to go (Premiere, Germany):

[tube]SB6GFNyDHho[/tube]

I think that is conclusive - Alonso has ignored team strategy, blocking Hamilton in order to prevent him attempting to set a possible faster lap time.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
Thanks Salty ... that'll do for me.:)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
jimbo said:
Another link ...says sixth (or is that sicth)

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40283

It is 6th, I can't count 5 from 1 :-doh!:-rofl2. About right I think, even the constructors' penalty as Dennis denies anything went on (Alonso has been blaming Hamilton!). Thing is, with Massa having a knackered out car, Ferrari won't be able to close the gap significantly.

Hopefully this race should be a classic now*.

*Blatently won't live up to the hype now, but fingers-crossed!

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
Just a quick question Salty,i had Lewis down as 1st on my projected qualifying positions,with him now on pole,will i get the points after Alonso's penalty?

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Oily said:
Just a quick question Salty,i had Lewis down as 1st on my projected qualifying positions,with him now on pole,will i get the points after Alonso's penalty?

I really don't know, I wouldn't like to hazard a guess. I've emailed Maverick (the guy who runs Pure FF1) to ask about McLaren since they can't score constructors' points. We'll find out by the end of the day, either way.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Fishy killa has been penalised 5 places as well :D

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Radcliffe
Salty25 said:
I really don't know, I wouldn't like to hazard a guess. I've emailed Maverick (the guy who runs Pure FF1) to ask about McLaren since they can't score constructors' points. We'll find out by the end of the day, either way.

Thanks Salty :)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Maverick has sent me a reply. The rules state that what happens on-track counts for counts, NOT any penalties after, so McLaren will score points in PFF1 and qualifying times as set in the the actual session are taken as being the result.

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Radcliffe
Cheers Salty.Looks like i've moved up another place
:-bighappy

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Official Race Result | Full Story

Following the fallout from qualifying, the race itself was a more sedate affair as Lewis Hamilton led throughout, securing his 3rd victory of the season.

The Brit led every single lap, although Raikkonen stayed close towards the end to take 2nd, under a second behind Hamilton.

Alonso, starting 6th after the events yesterday and the resulting steward penalty, the Spaniard never looked too threatening, and for a long period of the race found himself stuck following the Toyota of Ralf Schumacher. The champion would eventually finish 4th, chasing but not able to launch an assault on 3rd placed Nick Heidfeld.

The aforementioned Ralf secured 6th, Kubica just in front in 5th, Rosberg and Kovalainen took the last two points-paying positions.

Drivers’ Championship

Lewis Hamilton has now pulled away from fellow McLaren pilot, Fernando Alonso, leading 80 points to 73. Raikkonen retakes 3rd in the standings from Massa by a single point.

Constructers’ Championship

Unable to add to their points tally (pending appeal), McLaren still lead by a significant margin – 19pts – with Ferrari only adding Raikkonen’s 8pts to their total.

SupaLiga 2007

UPDATED SHORT TABLE
(Full table available in attachment)

After the locomotion of the Nurbergring, Hungaroring proved more fruitful for all the teams, especially F1 Aberdeen and the Tossers who both scored 126 points. Team Oily also scored an impressive 124pts, but only move up 1 place, demoting the champions Devils to 11th.

ScotBordersF1, Patience, Johnny’s Delights, and the Bangers all moved up a place, but Tom34 is no doubt less than pleased, his bottom for the first time.

Copa SupaLiga 2007, Round 2, 1st Leg

Draconigen 69-76 Burnin’ Rubber
Johnny’s Delights 62-98 ScotBordersF1
Kreacher-Creatures 120-126 F1 Aberdeen
Linhas BMW 122-117 Super 25
Patience 85-126 Toppers Tossers
Team Oily 124-99 TSU
Tom34 54-108 HondaWilliams

The top teams come out on top in the first leg, but the clash of the top 2 is especially close.

NEXT RACE > TURKISH GRAND PRIX @ ISTANBUL PARK > AUGUST 26

Attachments

• F1SL Post-Hungary full.jpg
    F1SL Post-Hungary full.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 15
  • f1slposthungaryshortcd7.png
    f1slposthungaryshortcd7.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 16

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Woo hoo -- 12th! My (equal) highest position of the season!

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
DEADLINE - SATURDAY 09.00 GMT (9am)/ 10.00 CET

Please make changes to your team lineup for the Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix.

To make changes, including qualifying position which must be submitted prior to every race, access the league homepage.

F1 SupaLiga webpage | Pure Fantasy F1 Full Rules | Rules on Points Scoring
Rules on Team Selection | List of TV Broadcasters
(All PFF1 pages are also visible in German)

Turkish Grand Prix timetable:
Friday Practice 1 - 08.00-9.30 GMT / 09.00-10.30 GMT / 10.00-11.30 Istanbul
Friday Practice 2 - 12.00-13.30 GMT / 13.00-14.30 GMT / 14.00-15.30 Ist
Saturday Practice - 09.00-10.00 GMT / 10.00-11.00 GMT / 11.00-12.00 Ist
Saturday Qualifying - 12.00 GMT / 13.00 GMT / 14.00 Ist
Sunday Race - 13.00 GMT / 14.00 GMT / 15.00 Ist

Other News

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Official Qualifying Result

Felipe Massa goes into Sunday's race heading the field, just over 5000th of a second faster than 2nd on the grid Lewis Hamilton.

The Ferraris looked fast, recording the fastest times in Q1. McLaren hit back in Q2 with Alonso just ahead of Raikkonen, but in the crucial top 10 shootout the team pairings were divided, with Raikkonen taking 3rd and Alonso a disappointing 4th.

Behind the reigning world champion is the BMW double-act of Kubica and Heidfeld. The pair managed the rare feat in the second qualifying session of setting identical times, but in Q3 Kubica gained the advantage on the grid.

The 4th and 5th rows are occupied by Kovalainen, Rosberg, Trulli, and Fisichella, but the party could so easily have featured Anthony Davidson, who impressed all by setting the 8th quickest time in Q1, and only denied a top 10 grid slot by Fisichella.

The big victim of the first session was Ralf Schumacher (18th), whose 2008 race seat appears to be under ever increasing threat.