New NS2000 (NS3 / NS4) thread

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 2.4m motorised offset dish, Viking Ku-band 2-ports motorised feed, 2 SMW LNBs, RC2000A, Dreambox DM920.
My Location
Milan, Italy
Apologies, I did not mean a physical hardware slot that accepts a card/cam type of device.

I meant that the NS2000 can be purchased with a firmware configuration that allows 4 different DRM's to be loaded onto the unit at the same time.
My understanding is that this is an extra option above the base build firmware configuration which allows only 1 DRM to be loaded into the firmware.

The "slots" I referred to is the firmware capability to load a different DRM into each slot. The logic is similar to some E2 satellite receivers where 4 different E2 images can be stored in the receiver at the same time, these are often referred to as image slots but are firmware rather than a phsical hardware slot.

Hope that clears it up?
Well, how can you switch from a slot to another?
For example, in the good old RX8200 two different firmware were available into the receiver, and pushing the front panel right arrow key when powering up was enough to boot the box with the previously parked version.
Is it the same in NS2000? If so, I was not aware of that.

ralf111

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 5402 & 1m motorised dish
My Location
United Kingdom
Apologies, I did not mean a physical hardware slot that accepts a card/cam type of device.

I meant that the NS2000 can be purchased with a firmware configuration that allows 4 different DRM's to be loaded onto the unit at the same time.
My understanding is that this is an extra option above the base build firmware configuration which allows only 1 DRM to be loaded into the firmware.

The "slots" I referred to is the firmware capability to load a different DRM into each slot. The logic is similar to some E2 satellite receivers where 4 different E2 images can be stored in the receiver at the same time, these are often referred to as image slots but are firmware rather than a phsical hardware slot.

Hope that clears it up?
Yes that is clear now , so it is still the same as NS3000, all configuration is loaded from files , i mean they send you updated file and it will work ,for example ACM option can be done this way for a limited period of time , now is clear enough
Thanks

ralf111

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Kingdom
Well, how can you switch from a slot to another?
For example, in the good old RX8200 two different firmware were available into the receiver, and pushing the front panel right arrow key when powering up was enough to boot the box with the previously parked version.
Is it the same in NS2000? If so, I was not aware of that.
They will send you updates related to your SN and your requirments , and you don’t need to do anything it will work ,base system is still the same at every unit but it has additional system which is specified at the time of purchase and be configured through files

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 2.4m motorised offset dish, Viking Ku-band 2-ports motorised feed, 2 SMW LNBs, RC2000A, Dreambox DM920.
My Location
Milan, Italy
They will send you updates related to your SN and your requirments , and you don’t need to do anything it will work ,base system is still the same at every unit but it has additional system which is specified at the time of purchase and be configured through files
I knew that licenses are managed using xml files. For example, when you purchase a new license they send you such file that you must upload to your box. Or, in other situations, they send the files directly into the box remotely, but you must "publish" your NS2000 in internet and tell them the box's IP that obviously cannot change, so a static IP is needed for this operation (not the best way for security).
I don't know if they can push a new license or new configuration via satellite, but I don't think so. It would be too risky I'm afraid.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I knew that licenses are managed using xml files. For example, when you purchase a new license they send you such file that you must upload to your box. Or, in other situations, they send the files directly into the box remotely, but you must "publish" your NS2000 in internet and tell them the box's IP that obviously cannot change, so a static IP is needed for this operation (not the best way for security).
I don't know if they can push a new license or new configuration via satellite, but I don't think so. It would be too risky I'm afraid.

No, this is not correct, you do not need a static IP.

If you have Team Viewer on a local PC, all upgrades that need to be done by Novelsat can be done over a Team Viewer connection.
All you need to do is to enter the local IP address (LAN) of the NS2000 and Novelsat can login by Team Viewer to the local PC then access the NS2000.

How do I know this, because I have done it.

ralf111

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Kingdom
I'm not familiar with NS2000 so only i can say how is done with NS3000
You want upgrade you pay of course and they make file ready for you and ,after that you have file name and their server IP address username with password then you just download file from server and all is done.

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Milan, Italy
No, this is not correct, you do not need a static IP.

If you have Team Viewer on a local PC, all upgrades that need to be done by Novelsat can be done over a Team Viewer connection.
All you need to do is to enter the local IP address (LAN) of the NS2000 and Novelsat can login by Team Viewer to the local PC then access the NS2000.

How do I know this, because I have done it.
Oh yes, you are right. I did not thought to Team Viewer.

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Milan, Italy
I'm not familiar with NS2000 so only i can say how is done with NS3000
You want upgrade you pay of course and they make file ready for you and ,after that you have file name and their server IP address username with password then you just download file from server and all is done.
Yes you can proceed in this way, but as mentioned by @moonbase, using Team Viewer is simple and easy for everybody (you and Novelsat).

ralf111

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Kingdom
Yes you can proceed in this way, but as mentioned by @moonbase, using Team Viewer is simple and easy for everybody (you and Novelsat).
It is not save for Novelsat if they use this method , all you need to do is just wait ,if they connect via team viewer they must login into your unit ,after they logon i can break connection any time and i will have whole system ready and open

Is that simple enough ?

ralf111

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Kingdom
I don't know if they can push a new license or new configuration via satellite, but
Yes they can ,OTA is the answer ,modem to modem via sat link, it can be updated as many modems you want (ns3000) including license and software and it’s current configuration

For example i have two modems and software update can be send with license etc ..to other modem via Satellite ,knowing all parameters and other modem SN

Attachments

• 28CACB3C-A953-45B4-9AD5-82445B7DD8DA.jpeg
    28CACB3C-A953-45B4-9AD5-82445B7DD8DA.jpeg
    353.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
It is not save for Novelsat if they use this method , all you need to do is just wait ,if they connect via team viewer they must login into your unit ,after they logon i can break connection any time and i will have whole system ready and open

Is that simple enough ?

Novelsat suggested and offered me the Team Viewer method to update the NS2000.
I have their email to prove it.

They assume that the end user will not interfere with the process by teminating the Team Viewer connection

ralf111

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Kingdom
Novelsat suggested and offered me the Team Viewer method to update the NS2000.
I have their email to prove it.

They assume that the end user will not interfere with the process by teminating the Team Viewer connection
Ok ,but who will be end user You ?

Anyway doesn’t matter who ,one of you can always break connection while they are already logged on system ,of course all of this will be not done by admin account , i think you know what i mean

Last edited:

ralf111

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Kingdom
That's for Feedsat

if you can't publish obvious data for some reason, I mean sr and freq, you should also consider that signing every post and marking photos may cause you big problems, and on the other hand, you shouldn't call it feedhunting since you know all its details as well key, and as an administrator and a person with extensive knowledge, you should not be surprised by posts on this type of forum, as far as I can see, you also delete posts as well as private posts and messages of users who only exchange data regarding freq and sr

I decided to answer you here, but keeping in mind your previous practices, I will publish this post in the same place from which you got my comments,

ps . maybe you should consider staying quiet like you suggested, since publishing data that isn't a secret anyway could get you in trouble

Just to post simple answer for Feedsat who may read that or not ( i'm pretty shure that he will )

that post bellow is Feedsat post on other forum :

UK Board:

index.php

PS: if you don't know the truth; if you don't have the entire story, the best to do is to stay quiet (shut (u)p) ! If I do not post parameters, I have good resaons .

I have access to all the Tandberg key legaly!

example with SeireA (xml file secondary key) tandberg AES256.
index.php

Last edited:

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
That's for Feedsat

if you can't publish obvious data for some reason, I mean sr and freq, you should also consider that signing every post and marking photos may cause you big problems, and on the other hand, you shouldn't call it feedhunting since you know all its details as well key, and as an administrator and a person with extensive knowledge, you should not be surprised by posts on this type of forum, as far as I can see, you also delete posts as well as private posts and messages of users who only exchange data regarding freq and sr

I decided to answer you here, but keeping in mind your previous practices, I will publish this post in the same place from which you got my comments,

ps . maybe you should consider staying quiet like you suggested, since publishing data that isn't a secret anyway could get you in trouble
Just to post simple answer for Feedsat who may read that or not ( i'm pretty shure that he will )

I am not sure that replying here to a post made on another forum is the best option?

If this forum admins see NS3/NS4 topics getting dragged down by comments and questions that they consider innappropriate, the topics are at risk of either being closed, deleted or moved off the main board to a section that is unavailable to all forum members.

Sure, I know "feedsat" replied to your previous post here on another forum but to repeat the action here is not the solution in my opinion.

ralf111

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Kingdom
I agree with your opinion, I am not sure that my answer will be shared by him where it comes from, the discussion is at least pointless and does not contribute anything to the topic we are interested in, so no worries, it was a matter of clarification

edit : to be clear it was read and shared until now on other board

duaneclaude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
vu solo 4K
1.2mtr cm dish
My Location
Greater Manchester
Anyone got any idea of prices to upgrade to NS4 ?
There are some NS3 units on the USA sale site.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK

Send them an email and ask.

For Novelsat to do any work on one of their units it would need to by covered by a current support package that covered the level of upgrade required.
No current support package on the unit = No Upgrade.

duaneclaude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
vu solo 4K
1.2mtr cm dish
My Location
Greater Manchester
Send them an email and ask.

For Novelsat to do any work on one of their units it would need to by covered by a current support package that covered the level of upgrade required.
No current support package on the unit = No Upgrade.
Ah, may be why he has 24 of them.
He's offered me one with lots of licenses for just over a grand, obviously shipping and custom charges on top.

ralf111

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Kingdom
Interesting ,obviously they can be updated without them „Novelsat” , what’s the price and model ns2000 or modems ns3000 ?

duaneclaude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
vu solo 4K
1.2mtr cm dish
My Location
Greater Manchester
Interesting ,obviously they can be updated without them „Novelsat” , what’s the price and model ns2000 or modems ns3000 ?
Tempted but may be too expensive to upgrade.