QBOX HD coming soon

QBOXHD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
qboxhd
My Location
Somewhere Overthere
Santo, I think your problem is the same they problem that has already been reported.

qboxhd

QBOXHD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
qboxhd
My Location
Somewhere Overthere
I have just loaded the DVB_BUSTER "Ice Q-ube_1.00" for Qbox_hd with the new BootLoader and File System. No problems, I like the PICON displayed on the TFT screen as well as on the TV Screen Banner.

I had no problems with FTA HD ord SD reception, I did not try DTT stations.

Have not tried recording anything onto the Harddrive yet.

Will let you know

qboxhd

EDW

Reaction score
Does Diablo open Canal+ Nordic, I thought they changed new system.?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I have installed the latest boot loader and the new Webcourier image. The image is packed full with plugins and addons, it is unbelievable what is available. The skins look great, I think Webcourier (is it a team or a single person?) did an amazing job getting all that stuff on there. Image is 130 Meg large (!!) so it took a long time to download.
The bad news: Unfortunately it is based on the latest Duolabs image from the
25th of September, and that one is a stinker. It is so unstable, the box crashed several times just trying to sort out the networking and some other stuff.
Lots of problems and green screens, so I went back to the older webcourier. At least that image is fairly stable. Will wait for the next update - I am sure if they sort out the basics then it will give us a lot of new toys to play with.

I have been playing with the diablo, at the moment I can't get it to work properly, but I need more time to try out the various things. Apparently people can get it to work, so this is good news. Will report if I get it working.

santosanto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ASTRA/HOTBIRD QboxHD
WINDOWS_xp_sp3
My Location
morocco
G Morning T_G

if you try to put in Busters Ice Q-ube 1.00 along with 25th of sept. Filesystem you'll see the difference.the box works great and more stable.I now feel comfortable with it.

The amazing thing is that fta-HD stuff is now OK. The horizontal DVB-S2 tuner on the box needed a simple half-turn screwing to tighten it.surprise,all ok.
Maybe this can help.

I need to say a BIG thanks to QBOXHD and T_G too for their interest getting me complaining all the time

cheers

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Good to hear that you found that problem!!
You must be very happy finally seeing the amazing picture quality :)
I hope we'll soon be seeing more HD - some official cards do work well with the box already

QBOXHD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
qboxhd
My Location
Somewhere Overthere
Santo, that is good news that you are up and running, you know that Duolabs are bringing out a new S2-Tuner, will you be able to plug that into your QBOX-HD and take out the Horizontal one, I thought they were supposed to upgrade all you guys who had the horizontal Tuners !!.

T_G,
Interesting point about the new files system then, is it possible to load an older version of the file system on using the newer bootloader after you installed the newer version of the the new Webcourier image.

I am currently downloading it, it is BIGGGGG. 193 people including myself have downloaded it so far. There is a lot of stuff for Germany and a lot of it will be useless to me. But I will give it a try anyway, I have problems upgrading the firmware using the USB with an image direct from Duolabs, but if I copy one of these images like webcouier onto the USB stick it will work have you ever seen this problem using Duolabs images ?. I used the one from the Nabilosat site to upgrade yesterday and it is working fine, except for the flashing LED's when you go into Standby mode, I had a phone call from Air Traffic Control to turn it off, it was distracting the Pilots on their approach to the Airport.

qboxhd

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Not sure about the problems you have, but I always de-zip the files onto the USB stick as I found that it takes less time and also less problems.

The problem with Santos box is (I think) that he has one of the first ever Qboxes, they had the vertical tuner.

In the German forum quite a few are reporting that the image runs stable without a problem, so go figure...

I might give it another go.

I might try to load it onto the original Internal USB stick rather than the 8 gig one I am using, maybe it is causing problems. i noticed it takes much much longer to load a new image onto the 8 gig stick compared to the original one...

P.S. I loade an older image with the new boot loader, seems to bo ok at the moment.

QBOXHD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
qboxhd
My Location
Somewhere Overthere
T_G I have just gone from bbc1-sd to bbc-hd no audio, moved off bbc-hd to bbc three and then back to bbc-hd Audio came back but picture the pixelated move of it again to bbc three then back to bbc-hd all OK picture and audio, stange.

I am going to load the new Courier Version now. The reason it take longer to load to the usb KEy it is decompressing a 135MB file that is 100MB bigger than what usualy Duolabs post. According to PKUNZIP the rootfs.cpio is 193MB what on earth in in this.

I hope duolabs don't release another version of the file system tomorrow, but the 3rd party offering seem to be getting better, are the guy's who put these together dmxxxx users and have turned their attention to the QBOX-HD if this is the case then we are in for a treat.

I will you know how I get on !!.

qboxhd

digitech

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 8000
Qbox HD
IPBox 9000 Twin
My Location
Norway
Hi Everybody ,
Where can I download the latest Webcourier image or
Busters Ice Q-ub 1.00 image ?

santosanto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ASTRA/HOTBIRD QboxHD
WINDOWS_xp_sp3
My Location
morocco
You're certainly right T_G
my box was bought on April in Spain where it was delivered by Duolabs monthes before,I guess.one of the first release with a horizontal dvb-S2 tuner and QboxOne-remote control.
You even advised me to return it back given the difficulties it had and my incapacity to get out something of it.I early had numerous digital boxes running since the first use.Qboxhd wasn't an easy domestic animal to me!Linux didn't look to me as a slow operating system!!

But I learned a lot,thanks to you all.

Well,for now no giant image.I stick to last Busters and wait for the new dvb-s2 tuner or a miracle from Duolbs sw

all the best

digitech

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 8000
Qbox HD
IPBox 9000 Twin
My Location
Norway
digitech said:
Hi Everybody ,
Where can I download the latest Webcourier image or
Busters Ice Q-ub 1.00 image ?

Ok , I found the latest Webcourier image , impressive , after upgradinng for the first time since I bought this gear scanning was completed 100% .
It is really nice to see all picons in the display .

But , unfortunatelly , the video on the HDTV channels like Astra HD channel is still pixelated ( artefect) from time to time . I intend to ask Duolabs if there is hardware issue with DVB-S2 tuner or software related problem ?

QBOXHD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
qboxhd
My Location
Somewhere Overthere
The HD issue has been well advised to Duolabs, I found moving off the HD channel to another SD channel wait for it to lock and then go back to the HD channel makes the audio/Pixelated problem go away.

I might be totally wrong about the above fix for pixelation !!!!.

qboxhd

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yes there is still an issue with pixelisation on FTA channels, even though I think it is better now than before. But I have watched quite a few football games on ITVHD and it was as good as it could be.

@Santo: I would still send the box back, the old Beta ones had quite a few problems. the new one I got from them also looks a lot better, it looks like a really nice and expensive receiver compared to the first Beta one...

QBOXHD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
qboxhd
My Location
Somewhere Overthere
T_G, I tried to load the Webcourier image but it fails half way trought, it looks like the same problem I have when trying to upgrade from a Duolabs firware release file. I have tried everyway with the Duolabs file

Zipped and unzipped and neither work.

I would like to put the Webcourier image on my STB to see what it is like.

HD Recording is much better with the new software version recorded a 3 hour transmission last night.

qboxhd

QBOXHD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
qboxhd
My Location
Somewhere Overthere
The perspex Front Panel still looks like a Kit Electronics from Maplins ( Maplins I don't know if you have these in Germany), but I thibnk you know what I mean.

I am looking forward to the Liverpool game tonight and I think it is on ITV-HD this will be my first chance to see ITV-HD with Audio.

lol, I am NOT a Liverpool supporter I will only be watching to see how ITV-HD behaves !!!!.

qboxhd.

QBOXHD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
qboxhd
My Location
Somewhere Overthere
From the Duolabs website

Prv full functions is working in progress; we hope to release it in about a week

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
I think Sky are showing the Liverpool game and ITV HD are showing the United game tomorrow, Wednesday 30/09/09.

QBOXHD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
qboxhd
My Location
Somewhere Overthere
Micha, thanks for the input, my son thought it was on ITV-HD he is the liverpool Fan.

qboxhd

EDW

Reaction score
On ITV HD, I have serious audio drop-out problems with my Kathi using AC3 digital sound, the way I get round it is by using the 'downmix' option, if you watch the game tomorrow with qbox can you let me know what the sound is like using ac3 if you have this option. It works fine on BBC HD.

ITV HD is not as good pic as the chanells which use 1080i but still nice picture but motion blur can be a problem on my lcd tv. I hear plasma is a bit better. What is qbox pic like when showing fast action?