Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Oh dear!

Damp, dark and rather warm this morning.

A good day to carry on with my Spring-cleaning schedule indoors.

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
Yes same here, time to clean my fish tank while its like this.

Captain Jack

Retired human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Crappy day here too - nothing to do but go to work :(

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
In France ATM as well although considerably further south than Rolf or Pete.

And it's raining. In fact it's hissing down. The grass, which had grown about 3 feet since Easter, is half cut. No sit-upon here - it's all push I'm afraid. The season is running about two weeks late and there's a severe danger that the cherries won't be ripe enough to take back to the UK at the end of the week.

Disaster!

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
PaulR said:
In France ATM as well although considerably further south than Rolf or Pete.

And it's raining. In fact it's hissing down. The grass, which had grown about 3 feet since Easter, is half cut. No sit-upon here - it's all push I'm afraid. The season is running about two weeks late and there's a severe danger that the cherries won't be ripe enough to take back to the UK at the end of the week.

Disaster!
The grass and attendant weeds is about the only thing that has grown here. Luckily I've managed to get on and cut the lawn (no sit on for me either) in breaks in the weather this year so it looks ok. The cherry tree outside my kitchen window normally has ripe fruit towards the end of June. It may very well be July before they are ready this year.

Was raining heavily when I got up this morning, but it's cleared up nicely this afternoon. Not what I'd call warm though.....

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I've spent most of today testing an xbox 360 that I repaired over the weekend to see if it's going to die or not, it was close to suffering the Red Ring of Death (as bad as the BSOD, a completely useless feature that doesn't tell you anything other than it's f***ed!!), but it seems to be happy now with a fresh application of heatsink paste... :)

Shame I haven't got any money spare to buy full games with, I seem to quite like the Forza Motorsport 4 demo I downloaded onto the box, it's pretty fun... :lol:

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Seems to have been raining for nearly 2 days here, I suppose that's what we get for almost 2 days of sun !!!!!!

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
It stopped here for an hour around 2 ish but its hammering it down again at the moment, at least i'm not at work today but i will be tomorrow when it had better brighten up somewhat.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Dull & overcast here all day, but none of the wet stuff :)

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Most beautiful complete rainbow arc here just now.....

Rainbow left side.JPG Rainbow middle.JPG Rainbow right hand.JPG

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nice "bungle" of photos.....from the rainbow.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Supposed to be raining here all day today, but instead we have a dry and muggy start with dense fog.

I've got some roof dressing repairs to carry out reasonably urgently, so hope that I can at least make a start today.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I have been back on the daily Cleveleys run since Monday sorting out the house after the first tenant left. and so far this is the fourth day of muggy damp dull and depressing wet weather, cannot get stuff done in the garden over there

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ah, well. Inevitably, as soon as I'd finished breakfast, the rain came. No concreting today.

At least I managed to get my Runner/Climbing French Beans out yesterday.

That'll keep the slugs happy.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Well, the weather outside is just horrible today, drizzle, fog, more drizzle, still fog, and juet generally wet al over the place, it's vile.... O-no

But on the plus side, tomorrow looks like it'll hit about 20 degrees (give or take a few for weathermen inaccuracy), not a lot of sun, but warmth is a nice thing, I just hope the leftover humidity from today has gone elsewhere... :lol:

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It has been glorious today >>> 20 deg C from brekkie until even now.

So we decided to go for an evening walk around our local fields.

Being dressed appropriately in T-Short and Trainers I was a bit miffed to get home splatter from the waist down in thick, oozy mud.

In summary, the prevailing conditions were mostly bone dry with occasional hidden and unavoidable swampy bits.

Bloo*y UK Weather!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, today (or yesterday, given that it's past midnight) I took down my Z2 dish prior to moving house again (and I stuck the mounting plate from the previous wompus Z1 dish up there so the murdoch minions can see where a dish can go as and when the next people move into this house), it was nice out there, but the soggy ground wasn't good for the ladders as they just kept sinking into the "lawn" (aka the weedbed)... :lol:

Tomorrow (well, today really) is set to be reasonable, not as warm, but reasonable, so we're off into Durham to see what's what and whatnot... O-Ha

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Not being that far from Tivu it was glorious yesterday and I burnt my bonce weeding my mum's garden in Cleveleys and thankfully it is again today so that I can tackle my own jungle with some factor 30 applied.....

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yes, it's always glorious near me, Topper ................... :cool:

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
A bit dull, and very windy, here, not as warm as yesterday and the garden, clay, hasn't dried sufficiently to do any work yet. Hopefully it will stay dry so at least I can chop down the mixture of grass/weeds, at the back, and fill the brown bin, ready for collection.
Anyone taken the advice, offered in the thread title, and risked a barbeque yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.