Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Well I was planning to be looking for Eutel 3D this evening, but as its clouded over & is threatening rain it'll have to wait!

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
raining here A/S, but still got a good lock on 3D

Captain Jack

Retired human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Analoguesat said:
Well I was planning to be looking for Eutel 3D this evening, but as its clouded over & is threatening rain it'll have to wait!
Soooooo....when are you going to motorise? That way you can hunt without going out!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Dont fancy setting everything up outside in the garden just to have it chuck it down!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Captain Jack said:
Soooooo....when are you going to motorise? That way you can hunt without going out!
Maybe never :D

Ive already got most of the slots available to me without going up several dish sizes - its only when something new comes up like 46E & 3E that I get fiddling and wondering where I can slot extra lnb's in

Anyway the moving dish message Im getting on the F3 just from the diseqc 1.2 8lnb is already seriously annoying me!

And the rain has arrived so I shall watch Tahiti getting hammered by Spain instead!

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
I shall watch Tahiti getting hammered by Spain instead!
8-0 to spain atm Tahiti is getting hammered.

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
Cold and wet out doors at the mo
Capture.JPG

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Heavy rain most of the night, early morning, now it's windy. A typical British Summer, well at least for the last few years !!!!!!!!!
Saw the flooding in Canada.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
A loose Sheep roaming around the Village last night >> Had to dash out and find obstacles to protect tasty plants!

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
......and a bucket to place behind said 'loose' sheep??

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yesterday took the OH down to Teesdale to some of our favourite places. And we got soaked at Cow Green Reservoir, and a couple of other places too when vicious squalls blew through.

Today its piddlewd it down most of the day, which is making the job of fettling the 7E Penta rather drawn out. I need to raise it a bit to clear the hedge properly - I also think the tree growth is affecting further east than in previous years as Ive just about lost 5E now.. :(

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Has been a horrible weekend thus far here...was miserable with heavy drizzle for most of yesterday and has rained until about 4pm today, though the sun has decided to appear now. I have a walnut tree in the meadow which had grown at a silly angle because of the fir trees lining the bottom end of the drive. The fir trees were felled about four years ago but the walnut tree had continued to grow and use the pear tree behind it as a support. It has been so wet and today, windy that it's either slipped off the pear tree or the weight has shifted the roots and it's lower branches are touching the ground. The goats appreciate feeding on the leaves and I'm thinking of leaving any tree surgery till the Autumn (probably next week!) so I can see which branches can be lopped off....

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
It certainly has been a poor start to the summer since solstice day just past, its seriously windy here, the boat was crabbing down the canal this afternoon which was entertaining.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
We had heavy rain and thunder earlier today, and it looks lik it's threatening to rain some more shortly...

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Steady rain here for nigh on 24 hours .................. Good for the Garden, though.

SWMBO is off to London tomorrow - looks like it will be hot, dry and sunny for her turn on the Eye.
I've advised her to don a T-Short ensemble under her Woollen Overcoat.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Heatwave tomorrow and Monday (at least round here)

Captain Jack

Retired human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I hate British weather. Crappy wet, miserable winters, while the rest of the northern hemisphere is enjoying crisp, crunchy snow. I will take snow any day over rain in the winter.

Same with the summers. The entire northern hemisphere is enjoying a proper summer with decent 25C+ temperatures. This includes Siberia where in Yakutsk it's +26C right now, a place where it gets to -50C in the winter on a very regular basis. In European parts of Russia, 30C+ in June/July/August is normal. And people are surprised when I come back from there with a suntan...

No wonder people leave Britain for Spain and Greece - it's not the economy or morons in a mid-terrace number 10. It's the weather!

Heatwave? Pah... It's 20C right now and I am cold.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Status
Not open for further replies.