Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
As expected the wind is picking up and the rain is blowing horizontally along the valley. The TOB racers are going to have a head wind the whole route!

And Im going to get wet watching them go past :(

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Been wet, & windy, here since before 8 AM. I was planning to do some work, on a satellite dish, new installation, that's now been cancelled and instead I'm clearing space off my DVD hard drive, saving wanted recordings, to disk, and deleting the rubbish.
Should waste a few hours !!!!!!!!!!

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
On holiday in Skye at the moment-we had the mother of all storms last night and its very choppy next to the sea here in Ord.

Captain Jack

Retired human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Cold and windy here - though still dry. Need to service my car but weather isn't allowing it.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Well we went out to watch the Tour of Britain. And it :-peepee it down all the time we were out. Fun to see though

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
Didnt see you AS (on the TOB tv show)!!! Its STILL grey,windy and featureless here in Skye. I ve got to travel out today whatever, i cant take sitting about watching tv all day. The only things enjoying themselves at the moment are my wife eating a sausy sarnie,oystercatchers eating,gannets diving and curlews showing off on the rocks. Even the rock pipits arent happy.

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Tuesday was slightly better, more showers today,less photos taken too.:(

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Cheer up, next week looks like it's going to warm up a bit, not sure about the clouds and whether they'll dump all over the country or not though, but the temperatures will heat up a little... :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Didnt see you AS (on the TOB tv show)!!! Its STILL grey,windy and featureless here in Skye. I ve got to travel out today whatever, i cant take sitting about watching tv all day. The only things enjoying themselves at the moment are my wife eating a sausy sarnie,oystercatchers eating,gannets diving and curlews showing off on the rocks. Even the rock pipits arent happy.

Sadly I didnt see any camera coverage of the section I was at - 5 miles north of Selkirk. You wouldnt have missed me - I had a fluro yellow "council worker" type rain jacket on to try and keep the monsoon out. :D

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheer up, next week looks like it's going to warm up a bit, not sure about the clouds and whether they'll dump all over the country or not though, but the temperatures will heat up a little... :D
Unfortunately i'm only here until Saturday morning. It is bucketing it down here but the sea is like a millpond. Should have a better chance to see the otters if they are about.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Had a dreadful week up to now. Windy with almost constant rain, sometimes heavy enough to turn to hail. Had to light the logburner a couple of nights as well. But it's more calm and settled today, with sunshine breaking through. Forecast for next week is for sun and temps in the low 20's.

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yesterday (Thursday) turned out to be the best day we've had so far. The grey and wet morning disappeared,the sun felt really warm(t-shirts!) and we got the clearest view of the Cuillin mountains.This morning is grey,i'm hoping we might get a repeat performance.

S

Steve Steve

Hello everyone.......I'm a refugee from "robs sattelite forum"......that seems to have now closed....... This is my first post on here......the weather here is dry and a bit sunny..about 17 deg.......and 2f signal here is very high at the mo.........

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hi Steve welcome to the forum :)

Hughes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HDR, Samsung Sky+ HD, Skybox, Fransat HD box, Fransat SD box
Several dishes up to 150cm, receiving 28E 26E 19E 13E 9E 5W
My Location
Lugo, Galicia, Spain
A bit warmer here than in Munich, 20º and rising. It feels warm, with a southerly breeze wafting up from Africa.

S

Steve Steve

thanks for the welcome........everything is very different here than "Robs".........but the email feature is good .....is there a thread for September 2F reception reports?..................

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
It's been a rather nice day today, filled the gaps in the shed panels with some sealant just to stop the rain getting in, at least not as much as there was before, and being a warm dry day it should dry nicely... :D

Tomorrow is set to be the best day, then it falls downhill come monday onwards, might even be a bit of frost come the week after next... :blink:

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ah yes i get home late last night after a 12hour journey and this morning i have wall to wall sunshine--ooooo bugger!

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
Ah yes i get home late last night after a 12hour journey and this morning i have wall to wall sunshine--ooooo bugger!

that is most annoying for you -- Skye is such a brilliant place when the weather is good -- there are not many weeks in the year when it is good up there mind you --

regards ----

Status
Not open for further replies.